It's been seven successful days without PMO.
I've logged on every other day or so to check out other people's posts. There are a lot of people on here going through the reboot! Pornography is said to be a multi-billion dollar industry, but I wonder what the economic costs (health care expenditures, decreased work productivity), and social costs (decreased life productivity, low self-esteem, failed relationships, etc.) truly are.
Anyway, my first week went well. Notes/observations, in point form:
- Urge to PMO has increased gradually throughout the week, which makes sense because a week was normally the longest I would go without it. But definitely not overwhelming so far.
- Had morning erections the past 4-5 mornings, waking me up before my alarm. That is unusual for me, although it could be just that I am paying attention now.
- Have been going to bed earlier. I find it's 10pm and I have nothing else urgent to do - usually there are chores or emails or something, but I think not spending 45mins-1hr looking at P has freed up some time. This is great. More sleep than I've ever had!
- My ex sent me a DVD of photos from a boudoir photo shoot. I promptly buried it behind a bookshelf. Looking at the photos would have ended the streak for sure!
- No changes observed in normal life, social interactions, etc. But I didn't really have any complaints there.
From the sounds of it, there are bound to be tough times ahead, so I'll accept this easy week graciously and move on.