The role of conditioning, learning and dopamine in sexual behavior: A narrative review of animal and human studies (2013) Thorough review of sexual conditioning studies.
Does maltreatment in childhood affect sexual orientation in adulthood? (Sexual contact with adults is especially common among young people who will become homosexual adults.)
[Conditioned preferences induced by sex and drugs: a comparison of the neural bases] (sex and drug reward can induce the development of new preferences, leading to the idea that the partner preferences that develop after sexual encounters and drug consumption are, in part, consequences of classical conditioning.
- Deactivation Of The Amygdala During Human Male Sexual Behavior (neuronal activity in the amygdala decreases during sexual behavior, causing a lower level of vigilance)
- (Also of interest) Centrally released oxytocin mediates mating-induced anxiolysis in male rats (Oxytocin critical to change of behavior male rats for several hours after coitus. They take more risks and seem less fearful.)
- Lesions of the vomeronasal organ disrupt mating-induced pair bonding in female prairie voles (Microtus ochrogaster) (pheromones important for pair bonding)
- Libido: the biologic scenario (many hormonal changes can depress libido after menopause)
- Musculo-skeletal pain, psychological distress, and hormones during the menopausal transition (high prolactin associated with pain and psychological distress)
- PT-141: A Melanocortin Agonist for the Treatment of Sexual Dysfunction
- Neurally Augmented Sexual Function in Human Females: A Preliminary Investigation (forcing orgasms with electrodes in the spine)